Fiji Airways flies as first oneworld connect partner05 décember 2018
Fiji Airways starts flying as a oneworld connect partner from today (Wednesday 5 December) – as the first airline globally to link up to the world’s premier alliance via this new membership platform.
Fiji Airways is now starting to display the new oneworld connect branding on its aircraft fuselages by the main passenger doors, on signage at airports and on other many other items of stationery and marketing collateral.
The first Fiji Airways aircraft to feature the oneworld connect logo is its initial Boeing 737 MAX 8, which has just touched down at its Nadi hub after its delivery flight from the manufacturer’s Seattle base. Four more of these state-of-the-art twinjets will follow in the year ahead as replacement for older 737s flying on the airline’s short and mediumhaul network to destinations including Australia, New Zealand, Hawaii and neighbouring Pacific Islands. Fiji Airways is the first airline in the region to operate this modern aircraft type.
From today, customers with Emerald, Sapphire or Ruby status in any oneworld® member airline’s frequent flyer programme can use priority check-in desks, where available, when flying in any cabin class on Fiji Airways, while customers with Emerald or Sapphire status in any oneworld member airline’s frequent flyer programme will also be offered priority boarding when flying on Fiji Airways.
Additional oneworld connect customer benefits are being phased in between Fiji Airways and its four oneworld sponsors - American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific Airways and Qantas.
Most of these additional benefits are available from today between Fiji Airways and three of its sponsors – British Airways, Cathay Pacific and Qantas – although some elements will be phased in during the coming weeks. For details, see the table below.
They are all expected to be available between Fiji Airways and its other sponsor, American Airlines, from late in the first quarter of 2019, on a date to be announced in due course.
oneworld’s regular range of services and benefits remain in place for customers flying with the alliance’s full member airlines and their affiliates.
oneworld connect was unveiled in June as the alliance’s first new membership platform since it was originally announced 20 years ago – with Fiji Airways revealed at the same time as oneworld connect’s debut partner.
oneworld is continuing discussions with other carriers interested in participating in the programme, from various parts of the world including the Americas, Asia-Pacific and Europe. Each oneworld connect partner will need to have a minimum of three oneworld members as its sponsors to be initiated into the programme.
- Ces avantages sont valables uniquement sur des vols opérés et commercialisés par Fiji Airways et ses sponsors. Les vols opérés et commercialisés par Fiji Link sont exclus de l'offre.
- Les avantages pour les clients de British Airways, Cathay Pacific et Qantas seront progressivement introduits à partir du 5 décembre 2018.
- Ces avantages seront mis à disposition des clients d'American Airlines vers la fin du premier trimestre 2019, dont la date sera annoncée en temps voulu.
- La possibilité pour les membres de l'Executive Club de British Airways d'échanger des points Avios auprès de Fiji Airways et pour les membres du Marco Polo Club de Cathay Pacific d'accumuler et d'échanger des points du club ou de gagner des points de statut avec Fiji Airways sera disponible très vite après le 5 décembre 2018. La date exacte sera annoncée en temps voulu par les compagnies concernées.
- Pour consulter les règles détaillées d'accumulation et d'échange de points de voyageur fréquent, rendez-vous sur les sites Internet d'American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific et Qantas.
- Ces avantages sont uniquement disponibles sur des vols opérés et commercialisés par American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific ou Qantas et lorsqu'un accès aux salons est proposé.
- Pour connaître les détails de la politique d'accès aux salons d'aéroport, et la liste des salons participants, consultez les sites Internet de British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Qantas, American Airlines et/ou Fiji Airways.
oneworld CEO Rob Gurney added: “oneworld is very pleased to welcome Fiji Airways on board as our first oneworld connect partner, making it easier and more rewarding than ever for South Pacific islanders to reach virtually anywhere globally – and for visitors from all around the world to travel to this enchanting and captivating region. The addition of another high quality airline to our alliance builds further on oneworld’s position of alliance leadership across the Pacific.”
Fiji Airways CEO Andre Viljoen stated: “Fiji Airways is thrilled and honoured to be the first oneworld connect partner globally. We are delighted to link Fiji and the South Pacific to the world’s premier airline alliance and further deepen our relationships in particular with Qantas, American Airlines, British Airways and Cathay Pacific. This important step for our airline enables us to offer more services and benefits to our own customers along with the others in the oneworld family, to achieve a greater presence for our airline internationally and to build on the in-bound tourism that is so vital to our home nation and our region.”
For full details of oneworld connect and services and benefits offered by Fiji Airways as a oneworld connect partner, see oneworld.com
Logos, photographs and video
Logos and photographs for oneworld, oneworld connect and Fiji Airways can be downloaded in high resolution print quality format from www.oneworld-connect.com
About Fiji Airways
Fiji Airways is the flag carrier of Fiji. It serves 21 destinations in 13 countries and territories, including oneworld hubs Sydney, Hong Kong, Los Angeles and Tokyo.
Fiji Airways’ inclusion in oneworld will add seven territories – its Fiji home and the neighbouring South Pacific nations of Kiribati, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu and Samoa – and a total of nine airports to the alliance’s map, strengthening oneworld’s position as the leading alliance serving the South Pacific. Fiji Airways’ network was already covered by oneworld Explorer, the round-the-world fare offered by all oneworld members and select airlines outside the alliance.
The group operates a fleet of 18 aircraft, including five Airbus A330s (with a sixth joining the fleet shortly), five next generation Boeing 737s. It will be the first airline in the region to receive and operate brand new 737 MAX 8, to fly on its short and medium haul routes from December, offering an excellent cabin experience with modern in-flight amenities for guests. They will be delivered complete with the distinctive oneworld connect logo by their main passenger doors. Fiji Airways offers a two-class Business and Economy product on most international routes, including seats that convert to angle lie-flat beds.
In 2017, the airline boarded 1.6 million customers, generating revenues of US$ 452 million and achieving profits of US$ 44 million at the operating level and US$ 38 million net. It employs more than 1,300 people. Founded in 1951, it is 51 per cent owned by the state of Fiji, with Qantas holding 46 per cent. Its remaining shares are held mainly by the Governments of Samoa, Tonga, Kiribati and Nauru.
Note: Fiji Airways’ regional affiliate Fiji Link is not covered by oneworld connect agreements.
A propos de oneworldoneworld is an alliance of some of the world’s leading airlines, committed to providing the highest level of service and convenience to frequent international travellers. oneworld members include American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, LATAM Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas, Qatar Airways, Royal Jordanian, S7 Airlines and SriLankan Airlines, and around 30 affiliates. Royal Air Maroc is, from today (5 December 2018), a oneworld member elect. Fiji Airways joins as the first oneworld connect partner today (5 December 2018). Dans le cadre de oneworld, ces compagnies aériennes :
- Serve more than 1,000 airports in 160 plus territories, with some 14,000 daily departures.
- Carry almost 550 million passengers a year on a combined fleet of 3,500 aircraft.
- Generate some US$ 135 billion annual revenues.
Les compagnies membres de oneworld travaillent ensemble pour offrir une expérience de voyage toujours de la plus haute qualité et sans soucis, avec des privilèges et primes spécifiques pour les voyageurs fréquents : ils peuvent par exemple cumuler et convertir des miles et des points sur l'ensemble du réseau de l'alliance. Les détenteurs de cartes des statuts supérieurs (Emerald et Sapphire) peuvent accéder à plus de 650 salons d'aéroport et profitent d'une franchise bagages plus importante. Les voyageurs les plus réguliers (Emerald) peuvent également utiliser des accès prioritaires aux contrôles de sécurité dans certains aéroports.oneworld is the “most highly prized alliance” as current holder of:
- FlightStats’ Airline Alliance On-Time Performance Service Award for 2017, for the fifth year running.
- Business Traveller’s 2018 Best Airline Alliance for the sixth year running.
- Global Traveler magazine’s 2018 GT Tested Reader Survey – for the ninth year in a row.
- Trazees’ Favorite Airline Alliance, for the second time.
- Business Traveler North America’s 2018 Best in Business Travel Awards, for the fourth consecutive year.
- World Travel Awards’ World’s Leading Airline Alliance 2017 for the 15th year running.