oneworld Technology & Architecture Manager
Overview & Key Responsibilities
Job Title: Manager, Technology and Architecture
Department: oneworld Digital
Reports To: Director, Head of Carrier oneworld Digitalisation
Emplacement : on-site at oneworld Management Company (oMC) headquarters, Dallas – Fort Worth, TX
This position is open to member secondment or direct oMC employment.
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter by 18 octobre 2023 to: email@example.com
Attn: Jaron Millner, Director, Head of Carrier oneworld Digitalisation, oneworld Alliance
oneworld© is a global airline alliance of 13 world’s leading airlines - Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific Airways, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas, Qatar Airways, Royal Air Maroc, Royal Jordanian, SriLankan Airlines. Fiji Airways is a oneworld connect partner. Almost quarter of a century of working together, delivering a superior, seamless travel experience, the oneworld Alliance will celebrate its 25th anniversary in 2024.
At oneworld we are not just making travel better, we aspire to Travel Bright, with optimism, positivity, smartness, and intelligence. Our highly skilled and diverse team of professionals lead a variety of alliance activities working in collaboration with all our member carriers, accelerating the use of technology, innovating, and making travel more sustainable. Join us to shape the next chapter of the oneworld Alliance.
The company's Digital Team is responsible for managing the digital infrastructure that enables our employees and customers to power their services. We are all about understanding our customers’ needs and building infrastructure and automation that delivers value and flexibility.
Our portfolio of services include internal tools to help our employees perform their jobs effectively and systems and products to assist our member airlines and other partners in providing world-class services. We work closely with a variety of partners and our customers and their technology back-end, front-end, and integration teams, helping deliver a simple and modern user experience.
This role will sit in our Digital Team. Our team's mission is to enable clients and peers alike to leverage modern technology solutions to better solve problems.
Your role will be to function as the airline IT system expert, technology lead (Passenger Servicing Systems, check-in, NDC and others) and architectural advisor for our digital engineering team and directly manage some of our most critical platforms powering various services. You will also drive Cyber Security best practices and standards within the organisation. This role will have you interfacing directly with key internal and external stakeholders and provides visibility and exposure to our leadership team.
- Provide airline IT system expertise for the function
- Provide guidance and mentorship to the development teams, both internal and external
- Device and system management for internal company-wide tools
- Manage digital product lifecycle and associated product development
- Manage vendor relations and performance for digital product development
- Oversee Cyber Security activities for the company
- Together with our vendors and internal developers, maintain the services that power our platforms
- Collaborate with other teams to facilitate the integration of our platform into their products
- Collaborate on ideas and thinking through problems within and outside your team
- Contribute to application architecture with an eye on airline IT system interoperability
- Partner with our business and product teams
Skills, Experience, And Qualifications:
- 5+ years’ experience
- Strong knowledge and a history of airline IT systems (PSS, IATCI, and other relevant systems) in a large-scale production environment
- Experience with data processing services and cloud architecture
- Experience with Digital Product Management and Product Lifecycle Management
- Understanding of Dev Sec Ops and Cyber Security practices
- Commitment to developing high-quality services to our customers
- Understanding the importance of vendor management to optimise portfolio management results
- Ability to demonstrate experience with airline IT systems, passenger servicing systems and reservation systems
- Knowledgeable in launching new services and managing complex integration projects
- Communicating skills to express digital product concepts to cross-functional teams
- Ability to form strong working relationships with key stakeholders across a variety of both business and technical functions
- Natural desire to support stakeholders through documentation, technical guidance, and mentoring
oneworld Core Competencies:
Suitable candidates for positions at oMC will possess the following core competencies:
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Self-directed and able to meet deadlines with minimal supervision, technically competent to function with minimal administrative support
- Excellent team player who enjoys a fast-paced work environment and is comfortable with dynamic objectives in an evolving industry
- Comfort in taking direction and input from many stakeholders, understanding the role is in a central team which provides support throughout the alliance’s operational functions
- Solid communications skills, which include excellent relationship building capabilities
- Capable of applying a disciplined and methodical approach to work in a complex matrix organizational structure
- Strategic thinker with the capability of simplifying and communicating complex concepts and situations
- Proven experience of working cross-culturally and cross-functionally
oneworld offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. oneworld is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Back to Careers page