oneworld gives agents chance to earn ‘diploma’ in RTW fares13 June 2013
• New training academy launched for travel agents
• Online modules deliver fun and informative training in key aspects of alliance products
• First lesson will make participants experts in selling round-the-world oneworld Explorer fares
Travel agents can now earn a "diploma" in selling round-the-world fares by signing up to the oneworld Academy, a new online training resource launched by the world's leading quality global airline alliance.
The oneworld Academy will offer a range of e-learning tools to train travel agents the world over in various aspects of the alliance and its products. It is available now – at travelagent.oneworld.com It has been launched in English, but more language options – including simplified Chinese, German, Japanese and Spanish - will be added soon.
Its first module focuses on oneworld's portfolio of consumer fare products – the widest range offered by any global alliance – but with an emphasis on its flagship oneworld Explorer round-the-world (RTW) fare.
The aim of this fun and informative online module, which should take no more than 30 minutes to complete, is to enable travel agents to sell these fares confidently and correctly.
It currently focusses on oneworld Explorer, the alliance's round-the-world fare whose prices are based on the number of continents visited, rather than distance flown. This unique approach makes it more flexible and easy to use than most other round-the-world offerings.
The module will be developed later to feature also oneworld's other fares:
- Global Explorer, another round-the-world product but also featuring some airlines that are not oneworld members and with prices based on distance flown.
- Circle fares, offering travel through several continents without needing to circumnavigate the globe.
- Visit passes, for travelling through one continent or region.
The module leads the participant through a series of oneworld product lessons, with engaging interactive exercises, video, text and images. It covers all the command entries needed to book these fares through six of the most widely used global distribution systems (GDSs) and shows how oneworld Explorer's online travel planner can help build and price a round-the-world itinerary quickly and easily.
Those successfully completing the module can download and print off a certificate proclaiming them a "oneworld Explorer round-the-world specialist".
oneworld Director Sales José María Alvarado said: "There's quite a wide-spread myth that round-the-world fares are complicated products to sell and book. The oneworld Academy will take the mystery out of the process by showing how quick, easy and simple oneworld Explorer and our other fares are to sell and how they can be a valuable tool for travel agents to meet their customers' needs."
oneworld is an alliance of the world's leading airlines committed to providing the highest level of service and convenience to frequent international travellers. oneworld member airlines include airberlin, American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, LAN, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas, Royal Jordanian and S7 Airlines, and around 30 affiliates. Qatar Airways, SriLankan Airlines and TAM are on track to join soon. American has announced its intention to merge with US Airways, subject to necessary approvals, bringing the latter also into oneworld.
Ensemble, ces compagnies aériennes :
- Serve nearly a thousand airports in almost 160 countries, with some 13,500 daily departures.
- Carry more than 480 million passengers a year on a combined fleet of almost 3,500 aircraft.
- Generate more than US$ 140 billion annual revenues in total.
oneworld member airlines work together to deliver consistently a superior, seamless travel experience, with special privileges and rewards for frequent flyers, including earning and redeeming miles and points across the entire alliance network. Top tier cardholders (Emerald and Sapphire) enjoy access to some 550 airport lounges. Les voyageurs les plus réguliers (Emerald) peuvent également utiliser des accès prioritaires aux contrôles de sécurité dans certains aéroports et bénéficient d'un quota de bagages plus important.
oneworld is currently the holder of three leading international awards for airline alliances - named the Best Airline Alliance by Global Traveler in its GT Tested Reader Survey 2012 Awards for the third year running, the World's Leading Airline Alliance in the 2012 World Travel Awards for the 10th year running, and Australian Business Traveller Best Airline Alliance in 2012 for the second year running.
About oneworld's alliance fares
oneworld is the market leader for alliance fares and sales products, offering a wider range than any other global alliance. It has pioneered some of the most innovative, flexible and attractively priced alliance fares available – and was the first to sell any of them on-line. With something for anyone interested in making an extensive journey - from senior executives on a business trip around the world to first-time international vacationers exploring one or more continents – they include:
- oneworld Explorer: One of the most popular, simple, flexible and attractively priced round-the-world fares available in the market. Prices are based on class of travel (Economy, Premium Economy where available, Business or First) and, uniquely, the number of continents visited - rather than mileage of the overall trip. En conséquence, la planification du voyage demeure aussi simple et flexible que possible, offrant ainsi une excellente valeur ajoutée. Flights can be on any of the oneworld carriers. oneworld Explorer is the obvious choice for anyone planning a global journey including sectors "Downunder" with oneworld's Qantas the only member of a global alliance operating a full domestic network within Australia. oneworld Explorer was the first multi-airline round-the-world fare bookable on-line.
- Global Explorer: Another round-the-world fare, but this time based on the distance flown - and including some airlines which are not members of oneworld – including members elect Qatar Airways and SriLankan, plus Aer Lingus, Air Pacific, Alaska Airlines, Meridianafly, WestJet and some flights operated by Air Tahiti Nui, Jetstar, South African Airlines and Vietnam Airlines, extending the destinations covered still further.
- Circle Explorer: Similar to oneworld Explorer, but does not require travel to North or South America, so you can fly halfway around the globe and then back again, without actually circumnavigating the planet (for example London-Hong Kong-Sydney-Johannesburg-London).
- Circle Pacific: Another mileage-based fare, this time for trips around the Pacific Ocean, covering Australia/NZ, Asia and North and South America (for example, Los Angeles-Tokyo-Sydney-Los Angeles).
- Circle Asia and South West Pacific: Covering North East and South East Asia and the South West Pacific.
- Circle Atlantic: Covering Europe and the Middle East, North and South America.
- Visit Passes: Offering multi-sector flights on any oneworld carrier in a specific continent (Africa, Asia, Australia/New Zealand, North America, South America, Europe, and also within Japan and Malaysia). They offer a great value way to travel around a region and must be purchased in conjunction with an international flight on any oneworld airline to the region in question. oneworld is the only alliance to offer this sort of pass covering all six continents, excluding Antarctica. Prices are based on the number of sectors selected and their length.
For more details, see http://www.oneworld.com/flights/