oneworld adds more benefits for its most frequent flyers01 décembre 2014
• Priority baggage delivery for Emerald and Sapphire cardholders
• Additional checked baggage allowance for Sapphire tier customers
oneworld® today adds two more benefits for the most loyal customers of its member airlines – priority baggage delivery for frequent flyers with oneworld Emerald and Sapphire tier status and an additional checked baggage allowance for Sapphire cardholders.
Both new privileges are in addition to the benefits already offered to frequent flyers with oneworld Emerald or Sapphire status when flying on any oneworld member airline in any class.
oneworld Chief Executive Bruce Ashby said: "oneworld aims to be the first choice airline alliance for regular international travellers. Our frequent flyer benefits – which we believe are already the most compelling offered by any airline alliance – provide them with the highest levels of recognition, services and benefits when they need to travel beyond their home airline's own network.
"Six months ago, oneworld concluded its biggest yet membership expansion, with the addition in the past two years of 15 airlines as full members or affiliates. With this successfully completed, we are now carrying out a full review of everything the alliance provides its member airlines and customers to ensure oneworld offers the best. These two new benefits are the first initiatives to be rolled out as part of this process."
Priority baggage delivery for Emerald and Sapphire cardholders
Most oneworld member airlines already aim to deliver as a priority checked baggage for their own top-level frequent flyers, along with other passengers flying in First or Business Class.
Now, this benefit is being extended to all frequent flyers with the equivalent of oneworld Emerald and Sapphire in any of the alliance member airlines' loyalty programmes when they fly in any cabin class with oneworld member airlines anywhere in the world.
Additional checked baggage allowance for Sapphire tier customers
Following the launch last year of an additional baggage allowance for the alliance member airlines' most loyal customers - those with the top tier oneworld Emerald status - now cardholders with the next highest status, Sapphire, will also receive an additional baggage benefit.
From today (1 December 2014), when travelling on any flight operated and marketed by any oneworld member airline, the following special baggage privileges will apply to all Sapphire cardholders:
- On international or domestic itineraries using the baggage allowance "weight" system - 15 kgs in addition to the ticketed Economy allowance.
- On international itineraries (including domestic sectors flown as part of international itineraries) using the baggage allowance "piece" system – a second bag, weighing up to 23 kgs, when the ticketed allowance is one bag.
- On purely domestic itineraries with flights using the baggage allowance "piece" system – the assurance of at least one piece of checked baggage, weighing up to 23 kgs, even when the regular ticketed allowance has no free allowance.
Les clients voyageant en Première Classe ou en Classe Affaires bénéficieront, dans la plupart des cas, d'une franchise bagages enregistrés gratuite encore plus importante.
With all oneworld member airlines already granting Sapphire-level members of their own frequent flyer programme an additional baggage benefit when they fly on their "own" airline, today's move extends this privilege to when those customers travel on oneworld partner airlines.
1 For the full range of oneworld's services and benefits for frequent flyers and full details of these new baggage benefits, including frequently asked questions about the new Sapphire baggage benefit, see oneworld.com
2 Priority baggage delivery is not available on flights operated by British Airways.
3 The Sapphire baggage benefit does not apply to tickets issued using British Airways' "hand baggage only" fares.
4 For domestic routes operated by LAN Airlines, Sapphire cardholders may check in up to two bags with a combined weight not exceeding 23 kgs.
oneworld is an alliance of 15 of the world's leading airlines, committed to providing the highest level of service and convenience to frequent international travellers. Current member airlines include airberlin, American Airlines (including US Airways), British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, LAN Airlines, TAM Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas, Qatar Airways, Royal Jordanian, S7 Airlines and SriLankan Airlines, and around 30 affiliates. Between them, as part of oneworld, these airlines:
- Serve almost a thousand airports in more than 150 countries, with 14,000 daily departures.
- Carry some 510 million passengers a year on a combined fleet of almost 3,500 aircraft.
- Generate US$ 145 billion annual revenues.
oneworld member airlines work together to deliver consistently a superior, seamless travel experience, with special privileges and rewards for frequent flyers, including earning and redeeming miles and points across the entire alliance network. Top tier cardholders (Emerald and Sapphire) enjoy access to more than 600 airport lounges. The most regular travellers (Emerald) can also use fast track security lanes at select airports and are offered extra baggage allowances.
oneworld is the current holder of an unprecedented six of the eight leading "best airline alliance" titles available in the various industry award schemes.
- Skytrax's World's Best Airline Alliance 2014 for the second year running.
- Global Traveler magazine's Best Airline Alliance in its GT Tested Reader Survey 2014 Awards for the fifth year running.
- Business Traveller's 2014 Best Airline Alliance for the second year running.
- World Travel Awards' World's Leading Airline Alliance 2013, for the 11th year running.
- Premier Traveler's Best of 2013 Readers Survey Best Airline Alliance.
- Air Transport News' Best Airline Alliance 2014.